- Use fireworks outdoors only.
- Obey local laws. If fireworks are not legal where you live, do not use them.
- Have an adult present.
- Never give fireworks to small children.
- Never throw or point fireworks at other people.
- Never carry fireworks in your pocket.
- Never shoot fireworks in metal or glass containers.
- Be cautious of lighting any fireworks during strong wind conditions.
- Only use fireworks as intended. Don't try to alter them or combine them.
- Always have water handy. (A hose or bucket).
- Never relight a dud firework. Wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water.
- The use of fireworks often can terrify animals. Make this event less traumatic for them.
Consider moving the animals away or keeping them inside during your display.